Scottie Spurzem - The English Language Coach
I am the English Language Coach. I help international business people communicate more effectively and comfortably in American English. I do this in person in the San Francisco Bay Area or virtually.
As a native speaker of American English, a CELTA certified teacher and a former Investor Relations Consultant, I help people gain the confidence needed to improve and master their conversations, presentations, emails et al in English.
Accent management is key to intelligibility and thus pronunciation training has become a primary focus of my personalized sessions. I focus on helping my clients learn how our language system works and then how to put it into action with correct pronunciation, grammar and interpersonal nuances.
I work with business professionals, doctors, graduate students and entrepreneurs with one-on-one coaching or in small group sessions in offices in the San Francisco Bay Area.
After retiring from investor relations consulting and following my passion to teach English as a second-language, I started teaching part-time at different language schools. I soon realized that many people trying to learn English need help only with a few specific things, which I tend to identify quickly. I've begun my English Language Coaching to do just that. I focus on accent reduction and topic-specific vocabulary to help non-native speakers quickly and intelligibly speak American English.
More About Me:
+ CELTA Trained English Teacher
- Private American English coaching
- ESL Teaching experience at ELS Language Centers at E.C. Language School and at Canal Alliance
+ INDUSTRY FELLOW
- University of California at Berkeley: Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship & Technology
+ INVESTOR RELATIONS
- Corporate, investor, customer & executive suite experience
- Past clients: Charles Schwab, Bank of America, Autodesk, & more
+ ACCENT REDUCTION FOR PITCHES; COACHING/MENTORING
- Fish 2.0 - 2015
- BMoE (Berkeley Method of Entrepreneurship) - 2016
- The Visionaria Leadership Institute Peru - 2016